For both the spring and fall funding periods the foundation will only be accepting grant applications from returning organizations that we have funded within the last 3 years.
Important: See wording and application date changes below in the Application Periods and Application Procedure sections.
Grant proposals are considered from established tax-exempt organizations and institutions whose purposes are charitable, educational, artistic, promoting conservation, or care giving. Applicant organizations must have a 501(c)(3) non-profit tax-exempt status to be eligible to apply. Proof of 501(c)(3) status is required. Individuals or lobbying organizations are not eligible to apply.
The Board will consider all eligible proposals, but please be aware that funding limitations, geographic preference (see Home page), and Board interests prevent many applications from being approved.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets two times per calendar year to consider unsolicited requests – in the spring and in the fall. Funding requests can be submitted once the application process opens up in January.
Full Application cut-off dates are April 15 for the spring funding period and September 15 for the fall funding period.
See Application Procedure below for further explanation. Invited requests may be considered at other times during the year. Organizations may only submit one unsolicited application for consideration each year. Applications may be carried over for consideration into a future period.
Recent grant recipients:
- If you have received a grant from us within the last 3 years, submit a Full Application. Click here to access the Full Application Form.
- Further instructions are included on the application form and in email correspondence from the foundation.
- Please note that pre-applications are not being accepted for the 2021 Spring funding cycle.
- If you have not previously received a grant from us, or if you have received a grant from us before but it was more than three years ago, you must first submit a Pre-Application. Click here to access the Pre-Application Form.
- The Pre-Application Form requires Organization and Contact Information, and a brief statement of the Request for Funding. You may also attach a Letter of Inquiry and a Project Summary / Case for Support.
- If the Pre-Application is accepted, you will be invited by email to add additional information online to complete and submit the full application. Further instructions are included on the application form and in email correspondence from the foundation.
- Note: Pre-Applications can be submitted beginning in January, but must be submitted by August 31 to be considered for the current calendar year.
In either case, you will need your IRS Tax ID# to begin the online application process. You will be asked to create a new account for use with the Lawrence and Janet Dee Foundation, or use an existing account.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a written proposal to the Foundation’s mailing address below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for guidelines.