There are no changes to the Application Periods and Procedure for this year. Please refer to the Application Periods section below for spring and fall grant application submission deadline dates.
Grant proposals are considered from established tax-exempt organizations and institutions whose purposes are charitable, educational, artistic, promoting conservation, or care giving. Applicant organizations must have a 501(c)(3) non-profit tax-exempt status to be eligible to apply. Proof of 501(c)(3) status is required. Individuals or lobbying organizations are not eligible to apply.
The Board will consider all eligible proposals, but please be aware that funding limitations, geographic preference (see Home page), and Board interests prevent many applications from being approved.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets two times per calendar year to consider unsolicited requests – in the spring and in the fall. Funding applications can be submitted beginning in early January. Full Application cut-off dates are March 31 for the spring funding period, and September 15 for the fall funding period. The Pre-Application cutoff date is August 31. See application procedure below for further explanation.
Invited requests may be considered at other times during the year.
Organizations may only submit one unsolicited application for consideration each year. Applications may be carried over for consideration into a future period.
Application for funds may be made in one of two ways:
1. Online (Preferred)
- If you have received a grant from us within the last 3 years, Click here to access the Full Application Form.
- Further instructions are included on the application form and in email correspondence from the foundation.
- If you have not previously received a grant from us, or if you have received a grant but it was more than three years ago, you must first submit a Pre-Application. Click here to access the Pre-Application Form.
- The Pre-Application Form requires Organization and Contact Information, and a brief statement of the Request for Funding. If the Pre-Application is accepted, you will be invited by email to add additional information online and submit the full application. Further instructions are included on the application form and in email correspondence from the foundation.
- Note: Pre-Applications can be submitted beginning in January, but must be submitted by August 31 to be considered for the current calendar year.
In either case, you will need your IRS Tax ID# to begin the online application process. You will be asked to create a new account for use with the Lawrence and Janet Dee Foundation, or use an existing account.
2. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a written proposal to the Foundation’s mailing address below. Guidelines for written applications follow:
Application address for written proposal:
Lawrence T. & Janet T. Dee Foundation
P.O. Box 58767
Salt Lake City, UT 84158
Provide 2 complete copies of the proposal, which should include the following components:
One-page summary of request, to include:
- Name of organization, address, phone & fax numbers
- Name, title, and email address of contact person
- Tax status – 501(c)(3) as of date
- Brief description (one or two sentences) of grant request
- Date of request
- Amount requested and term
- Description and purpose of organization
- IRS determination letter of 501(c)(3) status
- Financial statement / annual operating budget
- Project goals and description
- Project budget
- Other sources of project support, both committed and solicited
- Names of officers and members of governing board
If you include supporting documents, please provide only 1 copy of each.